Twice Baked Sweet PotatoesCourse: SidesDifficulty: Medium
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
6 Slices of bacon
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided
1/2 cup minced shallots (2 shallots)
1.5 Tablespoons of Reload Magnum seasoning
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1 extra large egg
4 ounces Taleggio cheese, small-diced
1 Tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and poke holes with a fork in each potato to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until very tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Remove, chop fine and set aside.
- Add the shallots to bacon grease and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the thyme and cook for 1 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out some of the warm potato into a medium bowl leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell of sweet potato. Add the 4 tablespoons of butter to the scooped-out potato flesh and mash it with a fork.
- Add the egg, most of the bacon, shallots, Taleggio, Magnum and stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the sweet potato shells and top each with remaining bacon and chives.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Be sure to check out Jeremy’s other recipes on IG and Facebook, @thekitchenwhitelaw! Comment below and let us know what you think and if you’ve tried it!