Reloaded Cubano Nachos
A tasty twist on a classic, Cuban favorite! Introducing, Reloaded Cubano Nachos, by one of our very own Reload squad members. This recipe is not only easy to make, but a delicious appetizer to make for any party!
- 6-8 lb Boston Butt You may also use already prepared pulled pork
- 1 cup Diced Ham
- 8 cups Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 cup Diced Dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 cup Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees for indirect smoking.
- Pat down boston butt with paper towels to remove liquid/moisture.
- Slather the entire exterior of the pork shoulder with yellow mustard and season all sides of pork butt with Reload Double Action Rub.
- Place your seasoned pork butt on your smoker fat side up, avoiding any direct hot spots.
- Close lid and smoke boston butt until it reaches and internal temperature of at least 160 degrees. Once it reaches 160 degrees, wrap boston butt in aluminum foil and continue the smoking process until the temperature hits 203-205 degrees.
- Remove pork from smoker, and let rest for 1 hour.
- Remove pork from foil and shred with forks or your personal desired method.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortilla chips onto a baking sheet and spread pork over the chips.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of swiss cheese and 1 cup of monterrey jack cheese over the pork and chips.
- Top with ham and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of swiss cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 mins
- Remove from oven and top with diced pickles and drizzle with mustard.
If using prepulled pork disregard smoking instructions, but DON’T forget to use Double Action seasoning on pork before assembling