Pork Belly Burnt Ends
A little sweet, a little spice, super tender meat with crispy edges and melt in your mouth fat! These poor man’s burnt ends make a killer snack or appetizer for any occasion! Give them a shot and be careful… they are addicting!
- 1 slab pork belly roughly 8-9 lbs
- 1.5 sticks butter sliced into chunks
- BBQ sauce
- Double Action seasoning
- Trim the pork belly so it is flat and even in thickness, squaring off the edges.
- Cut into 1 to 1.5″ cubes. These will shrink up some during the smoking process.
- Season each side of the pork belly cubes liberally with Double Action seasoning, making sure to coat them well.
- Place each cube on a rack to place on your smoker, making sure there is a little bit of space in between each cube.
- Smoke them at 250 degrees for 2.5-3 hours… until the internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees.
- Transfer the cubes to an aluminum pan. Add the chunks of butter, drizzle with honey, and drizzle well with your favorite BBQ sauce. We used Five Monkey’s Original BBQ Sauce. Give them a little stir and cover the pan with foil.
- Smoke for another hour or so, until the internal temperature reaches 203-205 degrees.
- Remove foil cover, stir and drain off the liquid. Smoke for another 15 minutes or so to allow the sauce to thicken up on each cube.
- Pull from the smoker and allow to cool for a few minutes, if you can wait that long! The end result, is a sticky, melt in your mouth morsel of meat that will have you dreaming of the next time you can make these!
Recipe by Jeremy Whitelaw @thekitchenwhitelaw on Instagram!