Pimento Beer Cheese
We served this Pimento Beer Cheese at the Scenic City Egg Fest this year along with some pork rinds and a sweet pulled pork (intentionally pairing sweet with heat and crunchy with smooth). I could eat this stuff by itself off a spoon. I’ve never been asked more for any other recipe than this one. I can say confidently that it’s a real crowd pleaser – this helped us take home the People’s Choice award this year.
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Cheese Grater/Shredder
- 1/2 tsp Reload Rub Packin’ Heat
- 4 oz smoked gouda (roughly chopped into .5” chunks)
- 1/4 cup malty beer (I used Hutton & Smith “Rocktoberfest”)
- 1 clove garlic (spring for fresh, not the stuff in the jar in the fridge)
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard (I used Maille Old Style)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins preferred)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Dukes Mayo is the only choice)
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- 6 oz mild cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup pimientos (diced and drained)
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Add the gouda, Packin’ Heat, beer, garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire to the food processor, set to puree, and run until the mixture becomes smooth. Scrape down the sides, then add the mayo and pulse just to blend it together.
Add the sharp and mild shredded cheddar to a large mixing bowl along with the pimentos and black pepper, then pour the mixture from the food processor over it. Gently fold together with the spatula.
Dust the top with a little more Packin’ Heat before serving.