Packin’ Heat Pimento Beer Cheese
We served this Pimento Beer Cheese at the Scenic City Egg Fest 2018 along with some pork rinds and a sweet pulled pork (intentionally pairing sweet with heat and crunchy with smooth). I could eat this stuff by itself off a spoon. I’ve never been asked more for any other recipe than this one. I can say confidently that it’s a real crowd pleaser – this helped us take home the People’s Choice award this year.
1/2 tsp Packin’ Heat seasoning
4 oz Smoked Gouda, roughly chopped into 1/2″ chunks
1/4 cup malty beer
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Duke’s Mayo)
6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
6 oz mild cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
1/4 cup pimentos, diced and drained
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Add the gouda, Packin’ Heat, beer, garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire to a food processor or blender, set to puree, and run until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Scrape down the sides, then add the mayo and pulse just to blend it together.
- Add the sharp and mild shredded cheddar to a large mixing bowl along with the pimentos and black pepper, then pour the mixture from the food processor over it. Gently fold together with a spatula.
- Dust the top with a little more Packin’ Heat before serving.
- To see more recipes by Matt, visit his website at www.farrbecue.com