Packin’ Heat Chesapeake Grilled Oysters
So you’ve had oysters before… but we PROMISE you.. you’ve never had oysters like these before! The Packin’ Heat seasoning not only brings some heat, but it is a complete game changer in making this the best oyster dish you’ll ever put in your mouth!
- 2 dozen shucked oysters
- 1/2 lb backfin crab meat
- green onions finely diced
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 heaping tsp Packin’ Heat seasoning
- Shuck the oysters, place on a grilling rack and set aside briefly while you prep the sauce.
- Whisk all ingredients of the sauce together thoroughly.
- Heat your grill to 400-450 degrees (pellet smoker if you can as it adds a nice extra smoky flavor).
- Top each oyster, still in it’s shell, with a generous mound of crab meat.
- Spoon the sauce over the crab/oyster combo until the shell is filled with sauce.
- Top with green onions.
- Place oysters on the grill for approximately 10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the edges of the oysters begin to curl. Do NOT overcook. A dried oyster is no good to eat! If extra sauce bubbles out and smokes the grill, that’s great as it adds a wonderful, smoky flavor!
- Scoop the oyster off the shell with a fork and enjoy!