DOUBLE ACTION Corn Chowder
This warm, hearty bowl of chowder hits the spot on a cold day. You can cook this in a crockpot for a slower cook or whip it up on the stove for a quick meal that will satisfy all. And the leftovers are even better!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 41g
Saturated Fat 24g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 42g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1-1.5 lbs of steak (beef or venison) or chicken, cut into cubes
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 T minced garlic
- 6 T butter
- 2 large chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 T + 1 tsp of DOUBLE ACTION seasoning
- 32 oz half and half
- 3 cans creamed corn
- 7 oz can of diced green chilis, undrained
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce (use as much or as little as you prefer based on taste)
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced (or can of diced tomatoes, drained)
- Sprinkle the cubed meat with DOUBLE ACTION.
- Brown the steak or chicken bites in a pan with the butter, diced onion and minced garlic.
- Stir the bouillon cubes into the hot water to make a broth.
- Add the broth to the meat mixture. Add DOUBLE ACTION.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the half and half, corn, green chilis and hot sauce . Stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Add shredded cheese and diced tomatoes and stir over low heat until cheese is melted throughout and the soup is creamy.
- Serve hot in a bowl with warm, crusty french bread.
- *Optional- You may cook this in the slow cooker instead! Brown the meat with the onions, butter and garlic as instructed. Add all ingredients except the shredded cheese and diced tomatoes to slow cooker and cook on low for about 5 hours. Add shredded cheese and tomatoes and stir thoroughly. Place cap back on slow cooker for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted throughout and the soup is creamy.
Reload Rub & Seasoning http://www.reloadrub.com/